5 Things to do in Central Ohio This August – August is here, and you know what that means: the end of summer and back to school season. Are your kids dreading returning to books and classes? Why not make the last month of freedom count? There are plenty of great activities going on right here in Central Ohio to make August a month to remember. Plan a fun-filled day for the family before school starts – your kids will thank you. To help, we’ve rounded up some of our favorite things to do during the month of August. Enjoy!
1. Dublin Irish Festival, August 1-3, Coffman Park, Dublin: Whether you’re Irish or just Irish at heart, this fun annual festival is a can’t miss event! Enjoy live performances of step dancing and traditional folk music, great food, fun activities and more. Find out more at the festival’s website.
2. Lolli-Pops! Children’s Summer Concert Series, August 4, 10:30 a.m., Village Green Park, Powell: Does your family love music? Take the young ones to this free concert at the park! Your kids will be dancing and singing along and having a great time.
3. Annual Cruize In and Pigout, August 10, 2 p.m., Downtown Powell: The 22nd annual Cruize In is a fun event in downtown Powell featuring a car show, food and more! See sports cars, classic cars, muscle cars, motorcycles and other vehicles.
4. All Ohio Balloon Fest, August 14-16, Union County Airport, Marysville: This festival is definitely a sight to see – traditional and special shaped air balloons, live entertainment, rides, food and more! Go on helicopter, airplane or balloon rides. All proceeds benefit the United Way of Union County. Learn more by visiting this website.
5. Craft Brew at the Zoo, August 23, 6 p.m., Columbus Zoo & Aquarium: This one’s for the grown ups. Enjoy a night out at the zoo featuring more than 50 types of craft beer and two national recording artists! Tickets start at $25. Visit the zoo’s website to learn more about the event.
Make sure you mark your calendars for these upcoming events! Are you planning on going to any of these events? What do you like to do with your family before summer ends? Share your thoughts by leaving a comment below!