Things to do in Central Ohio: October- Welcome, fall! Now that the temperatures have started to cool and your family is back in their regular routine, it’s time to slow down, right? Wrong! Central Ohio is just as exciting in October as it is during the summertime. There are plenty of exciting events and activities that will be a blast for your whole family! Whether it’s a fall-themed children’s event, a Halloween show or a sports match, we’ve got you covered. Below we’ve gathered some of our favorite things to do during October. Check them out and enjoy!
- Experience Columbus Days, October 9-12: Join in the city’s Columbus Day festivities by enjoying 50 percent off several local attractions such as COSI and the Columbus Zoo & Aquarium! Several restaurants throughout the city will also offer discounts. Learn more by visiting this website.
- The Lion King, October 14, 7:30 p.m., the Ohio Theatre: Take the kids to the theatre and enjoy watching this family favorite come to life on the stage! You’ll all be singing along in no time to this award-winning Broadway show. Find information on ticket prices and purchase seats here.
- Marvel Super Hero Lunch, October 18;19;25;26, Columbus Zoo & Aquarium: Who can resist seeing your favorite super heroes in a lunchtime show? Head to the zoo for this fun event and take your children to meet their favorite super hero. Guests will also enjoy up-close animal encounters and get the chance to interact with the zoo’s characters.
- Powell Community Bonfire, October 18, 6:30 p.m., Village Green Park: Enjoy a fun autumn bonfire out at the park, complete with marshmallows, hot dogs and more! This free event will also feature live entertainment and is sure to be a ton of fun.
- Trick or Treat, October 31, 6 p.m., Powell: Happy Halloween! Put on your scariest mask and take the kids door to door for candy and goodies! Want to give back to the community? You can also trick or treat for canned goods for the Mid Ohio Food Bank, or for Unicef.
How does your family celebrate Halloween? Are you headed to any of these events? Tell us by leaving a comment below!